Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Work Study

Work Study positions are available in the Department of Theatre. Students who are eligible for work study and are interested in theatre are strongly encouraged to explore the possibilities of working for the Clarence Brown Theatre or the Department of Theatre. When filling work study positions, preference is given to Theatre majors. For more information about work study contact our Production Manager, Susan McMillan.

How do I apply for Federal Work Study?

Students apply for Federal Work Study on the same form that they complete for Federal Aid. One of the questions on the form (#28) asks if the student will be interested in student employment, the answer should be “yes” if you would like to be awarded FWS. Of course, funds are limited; therefore, those submitting the FAFSA before the priority deadline will have the greatest chance of being awarded.

Once you have completed the form, notify the production manager and/or the area head for the department or shop where you are interested in working.

At the beginning of each term report to the Financial Aid Office with your social security card and UT ID to fill out the appropriate paperwork to be placed in a position. You will be paid bi-weekly, electronically deposited into your bank account. If you do not have a bank account, your paycheck will be mailed to your home address.

Please contact the financial aid office for additional information at
865-974-3131 or  or The Financial Aid Website