Although our spaces are dispersed in different areas of the UT campus, taken together, they are strong facilities. Below is a list of Buildings and spaces that support the Department of Theatre educational mission.
Buildings with Theatre Spaces
- Clarence Brown Theatre – CBT
- Carousel Theatre – CTH
- Alumni Memorial Building – AMB
- Walters Academic Building – WAB
- Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building – HPER
- McClung Tower – TOW
- Clarence Brown Theatre, 574 seat proscenium theater.
- Carousel Theatre, 300-400 seat arena theater.
- Lab Theatre, 100-125 seat thrust theater.
Meeting Rooms and Offices
- TOW 206, Department Main Office
- Faculty offices are located in TOW floors 1&2, and WAB F407-15
- TOW 207, Conference Room
- WAB M407, Seminar Classroom
- Expected Fall 2021 – WAB M405, Theatre Library
- Expected Fall 2021 – WAB D308, Commons Area for student use
Undergraduate Acting/Movement Classrooms
- AMB 209, primary rehearsal room and largest movement classroom.
- AMB 209B, acting space primarily for student checkout.
- Expected Fall 2021 – WAB D313, acting classroom.
- Expected Fall 2021 – WAB D307, acting coaching room, for student checkout.
- Expected Fall 2021 – WAB D309, prop storage and coaching space for D313.
Graduate Acting/Movement Studio
- HPER B020, acting and movement classroom/greenroom suite.
- WAB E302, Design Classroom
- CBT CLAB, Costume Construction Lab
- AMB 41, Computer Lab. Classroom and access for majors, minors, and students with a theatre course. Expected Fall 2021 – move to WAB D301
- AMB 41A, Media Lab, 1/6th scale theatre lighting, sound, projections lab. Classroom and available for student checkout. Expected Fall 2021 – move to WAB D305
Graduate Design Workspaces
- WAB E306, Costume Studio
- WAB E308, Scenic Design Studio
- WAB E314, Lighting and Projection Studio
- WAB M407B, Recording Studio. Expected Fall 2021 – move to WAB D304, D306.
- CBT contains the following typical production shops for the professional and educational theatre: Scenery, Paint, Props, Costumes, Electrics, and Sound.