Although our spaces are dispersed in different areas of the UT campus, taken together, they are strong facilities. Below is a list of Buildings and spaces that support the Department of Theatre educational mission.
Buildings with Department of Theatre Spaces
- Clarence Brown Theatre – CBT
- Carousel Theatre – CTH
- Alumni Memorial Building – AMB
- Walters Academic Building – WAB
- Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Building – HPER
- McClung Tower – TOW
- Clarence Brown Theatre, 574 seat proscenium theater
- Carousel Theatre, 300-400 seat arena theater
- Lab Theatre, 100-125 seat thrust theater
Meeting Rooms and Offices
- TOW 206, Department Main Office
- Faculty offices are located in TOW 101-9, 202-19, WAB F407-15, AMB 207 & 43
- Production and Box Office Staff are throughout CBT primarily 0101, 0201-4, W011, S012
- TOW 207, Conference Room
- WAB M407, Seminar Classroom
- WAB M405, Theatre Library – anticipated Fall 2022
- WAB D308, Commons Area for student use – anticipated Fall 2022
Undergraduate Acting/Movement Classrooms
- AMB 209, primary rehearsal room and movement classroom
- AMB 209B, acting space primarily for student checkout
- WAB D307, acting coaching room for student checkout
- WAB D309, prop storage and coaching room
- WAB D313, acting classroom/rehearsal room, available for student checkout
Graduate Acting/Movement Studio
- HPER B020, acting and movement classroom suite
- HPER 111, greenroom/commons area for graduate acting
- WAB E302, Design Classroom
- CBT S012B, Costume Construction Lab
- WAB D301, Computer Lab. Classroom and access for majors, minors, and students with a theatre course.
- WAB D305, Media Lab, 1/6th scale theatre lighting, sound, projections lab. Available for student checkout.
Graduate Design Workspaces
- WAB E306, Costume Studio
- WAB E308, Scenic Design Studio
- WAB E314, Lighting and Projection Studio
- WAB D304, D306, Audio/Video Recording Studio.
- CBT contains the following typical production shops for the professional and educational theatre: Scenery (S122), Paint (S122), Props (S012), Costumes (W011), Sound (0202), Electrics and Video (S106).