- Costume Design: Lauren Roark, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lighting Design: Kenton Yeager, email@example.com
- Scenic Design: Chris Pickart, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sound and Digital Media: Joe Payne, email@example.com
How to Apply
Inform the major advisor in your area of concentration by email of your interest in applying to the program. An interview and portfolio review will be scheduled by the area’s major advisor. These are required before completing the following steps for admission.
Note: The MFA Design Program at UTK recruits students for the fall of even numbered years. Our next recruitment cycle will be for Fall 2022. Online application is encouraged after receiving an informal offer from the program.
In order to be considered for admission, all applicants must:
- Complete the Graduate School Application http://graduateadmissions.utk.edu/
- Pay the $60 application fee by credit card or electronic check.
- Upload/Enter the following materials into the Graduate School Application:
- Unofficial transcripts of all prior Undergraduate and Graduate coursework and degree confirmations
- A professional resume.
- A brief essay (2 pages maximum) about your commitment to a life in art, your interest in training, and your creative and career interests.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Note: GRE exam is not required.
- An interview/portfolio review. Please contact the major advisor in your area of concentration to arrange the interview/portfolio review.
Applicants whose native language is not English must:
- Submit official TOEFL scores directly from ETS to University of Tennessee, 1843, or Submit official IELTS scores directly from IELTS administrator to the Office of Graduate Admissions
DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL BY POSTAL MAIL UNLESS REQUESTED TO DO SO. THIS WILL DELAY PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION.
For information regarding specific Department of Theatre application materials, or for more information about our Department, please email Assistant Professor Gina Di Salvo, firstname.lastname@example.org Director of Graduate Studies.