Inform the major advisor in this area of concentration, Bill Black, by email that you are submitting an application.
Note: The MFA Design Programs at UT recruits students for the fall of even numbered years. Our next recruitment cycle will be for Fall 2017. Online application is encouraged.
In order to be considered for admission, all applicants must:
- Complete the Graduate School Application http://graduateadmissions.utk.edu/
- Pay the $60 application fee by credit card or electronic check
- Upload/Enter the following materials into the Graduate School Application:
- Unofficial transcripts of all prior Undergraduate and Graduate coursework and degree confirmations
- A professional resume.
- A brief essay (2 pages maximum) about your commitment to a life in art, your interest in training, and your creative and career interests.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Note: GRE exam not required.
- An interview/portfolio review. Please contact Bill Black to arrange the interview/portfolio review.
Applicants whose native language is not English must:
Submit official TOEFL scores directly from ETS to University of Tennessee, 1843
Submit official IELTS scores directly from IELTS administrator to Office of Graduate Admissions
DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS OR ANY OTHER MATERIAL BY POSTAL MAIL UNLESS REQUESTED TO DO SO. THIS WILL DELAY PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION.
For information regarding specific Department of Theatre application materials, or for more information about our Department, please email Professor Terry Weber Director of Graduate Studies.